8-inch x 10-inch double mat, 5-inch x 7-inch black and white metallic print with sleek black frame
- 5" x 7" metallic print in black and white
- Double mat in duo grey tones framed to 8" x 10" to enhance artistic print style
- Sleek black frame to provide a contemporary stylistic approach to underwater photography
- Accompanied by a fold out easel for table-top display
- Frame includes plastic inserts if gallery-style wall hanging is preferred
- Autographed by photographer on print
- Photographer's limited edition approach to this piece of art
- Current inventory is the last of its kind
- Fantastic conversation piece that will add life and beauty to any room's existing design
Subject: California Giant Kelp, Macrocystis pyrifera
Name: Dancing With Light
Location: Santa Catalina Island, Channel Islands California
Description: In the Northern hemisphere, Giant Kelp is most commonly found on the Pacific coast all the way from Alaska to Baja, California along rocky shorelines. While it looks like a plant, kelp is actually a form of large brown algae and doesn't have any roots at all. It has root-like grabbers, called "holdfasts" that wrap themselves around rocks on the ocean floor. From all the way to the bottom of the sea, kelp can range from 6 to 100+ feet tall as it reaches toward the sun. Instead of having roots, kelp gets all of its nutrients through photosynthesis from its fronds (leaves).
Click here for more interesting facts about and information about Giant Kelp at the blog.
|Shipping Weight||3 lbs|
|Dimensions||15 x 4 x 13 in|
|Art Name|| |
Dancing with Light
|Easel Included|| |
|Photo Orientation|| |
|Paper Type|| |
|Photo Type|| |
|Number of Pieces|| |
|Print Size|| |
5" x 7"
|Product Size|| |
10" x 12"
|Product Weight|| |